- This event has passed.
Florida/NRA Concealed Carry (CCW) – Advanced CANCELLED
September 22 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDT$100.00
Length: 8 Hrs
NRA Basic Pistol or other basic pistol training.
In the NRA CCW course, instructors will teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude
necessary to carry a concealed pistol for personal defense. This is a course for intermediate shooters with at least a basic handgun proficiency. This is not a course for beginning shooters.
Lesson 1: Firearm Safety
Lesson 2: Pistol Nomenclature and Selecting a Pistol for Self-Defense
Lesson 3: Ammunition Knowledge and Defensive Ammunition Selection
Lesson 4: Basic Defensive Pistol Skills
Lesson 5: Drawing from Concealment
Lesson 6: Loading and Stoppage Remediation
Lesson 7: Mindset
Lesson 8: Carry Modes and Pistol Concealment
Non-NRA Legal (Florida)
NRA CCW CoF (Range) Students must demonstrate shooting proficiency via a score of 80/100 or 80% to receive a Course Completion Certificate.
- Student must be age 21 or older. Bring driver’s license.
- No one is allowed to attend the classroom or range portion who is not a registered student. Exception: any escort or caretaker for a disabled student.
- No children are allowed in the classroom or on the shooting range.
A waiver must be signed.
- ALL LIVE AMMO SHALL BE LEFT IN YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL THE SECOND PORTION OF THE COURSE. THIS INCLUDES ANY CONCEAL CARRY FIREARM.
- Range: no open toe shoes, sandals or low-cut tops.
- Bring water, sunscreen, hat and portable chair for use at the shooting range.
STUDENT PROVIDED MATERIALS:
- For participants to be successful in this course, they should have the following items.
- Quality Pistol appropriate for concealed carry – recommend minimum of 9mm or .38 Special
- Quality Strong Side Hip Holster – recommend form fitted leather or kydex, must cover
- trigger/trigger guard
- Quality Belt, designed to carry a holster and a firearm strongly recommended
- Quality ammunition suitable for practice. Encourage students to have at least two
- hundred rounds.
- Spare magazines or speed loaders with appropriate pouches – at least two additional (3
- Clothing appropriate for concealed carry
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection – recommend electronic