COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course is designed to meet the requirements necessary to obtain a Florida Concealed Carry License. It consists primarily of classroom lecture that covers license protocols, general do’s and don’ts, legal issues, use of force laws, basic firearm safety and a review of basic marksmanship. This course concludes with a live-fire exercise where students demonstrate their knowledge on basic handgun handling and safe shooting skills. Students are provided with required certificate upon completion. The State of Florida charges separate processing and license fees.
• Firearm safety.
• Handling a firearm.
• Review of current Florida law, FS 790 & 776.
• Exceeds training requirements for a FLORIDA CONCEALED FIREARM LICENSE.
• Certificate of completion provided to use for applying for your concealed carry license.
• Range time to develop your shooting skills (live fire) at our outdoor private range
• Includes firearm, ammunition, eye and ear protection if you do not own these items, and range fees – There are no additional fees.
• Participants are strongly encouraged to bring their defensive handgun and one box of ammunition. No reloads please.
Student must be age 21 or older. You must bring your Florida driver’s license.
Absolutely no one is allowed to attend the classroom or range portion of this course, who is not a registered student – Exception: any escort or caretaker for a disabled student.
• No children are allowed in the classroom or on the shooting range.
• A waiver must be signed by all students, escorts, and caretakers. • ALL LIVE AMMO SHALL BE LEFT IN YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL THE SECOND PORTION OF THE COURSE. THIS INCLUDES ANY CONCEAL CARRY FIREARM.
• Range Dress Code: no open toe shoes, sandals or low-cut tops. This is a safety concern.
• Bring a baseball cap and your own personal eye and ear protection for the range.
Bring your defensive pistol that you plan to carry concealed after your receive your Florida CCP license. It is recommended that you train with the firearm that you plan to conceal carry.
Bring at least 50 rounds of ammunition (1 box) for use in your handgun.
Eye and ear protection, ball caps and ammunition are available for purchase in our retail store.
Handgun and ammunition will be provided to you for use, if you do not own one.
NOTE: THIS FLORIDA CCW COURSE IS TAUGHT BY ACCREDITED AND INSURED NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS